The Bokashi Bin System
You can transform ALL food waste (including cooked food, meat, fish and cheese) into a super healthy nutrient rich, compost with the help of this small and compact system in your kitchen – no smells, no flies! Once treated in the Bokashi Bin, this material can safely be turned into compost.
Twin Kit Contents:
- 2 x 18 Litre Bokashi Buckets with taps, lids, handles and inner drain trays
- 1 x Trowel
- 1 x Scoop
- 1 x 1kg bag of Bokashi Bran (2 month supply)
What is the Bokashi Bin System?
It is one of the most effective methods of recycling kitchen organic waste. It is carried out in an air tight container using Bokashi as a compost activator.
Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning “Fermented Organic Matter”. It is bran-based material that has been inoculated with beneficial micro-organisms (a mix of friendly bacteria, yeasts and fungi) which help to speed up the composting process, suppress pathogens as well as preventing putrefaction and foul smells.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or in the home.
- No smells because friendly safe bacteria are used.
- No fruit flies because the process does not require air.
- Small & compact for the kitchen.
- Cooked and uncooked food including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables may be safely composted in a home compost bin when processed with the Bokashi Bin system.
- Will rebuild the soil in your garden and will decontaminate soil from harmful pathogens and pollutants.
- Watch your garden bloom with new life if you bury your fermented food waste directly under the soil or make into compost in a compost bin.
- Be part of an organic solution by directing food waste away from the landfill